To join a beta branch, check out the instructions for your device below:
- Head to the Play Store and install Session normally
- After installing Session, under “Join the beta,” tap Join and then follow the prompts
You can also join from this web page if you are signed into your Google account in your browser.
Note: if ‘Join the beta’ section does not appear, try restarting the Play Store app on your device
Download and install any available pre-release APK here.
To join the beta on iOS, follow these steps:
- Install TestFlight on your device
- Opt-in to testing our beta release here
- Tap Install or Update
- Download and sideload the pre-release IPA here.
To join the beta on desktop, simply download the relevant executable file from the pre-release here.
Note: It is not currently possible to downgrade versions from the beta branch to an older official version. If your device encounters issues with the beta version, you may need to wait for the next official release or un-install and restore using your recovery phrase. Restoring will result in the loss of messaging content that is older than 14 days.